The Halo Light™ is a patented 360-degree personal active safety system (PASS) from Illumagear that attaches to almost any hard hat and produces a ring of light around the wearer, enabling him or her to see and be seen in all directions at all times. The ring of light provides visibility at all times, in all directions, over ¼ mile away.
This PASS fully illuminates your task area out to your visual periphery. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 12 hours full power. The Halo Light connects securely to almost any hard hat. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits:
Be seen at all times
- 360-degree ring of light shines at all times, in all directions
- Makes you visible over ¼ mile away
- Creates a distinctive, attention-grabbing halo of light around you
- Active illumination doesn’t need a secondary light source, unlike retro-reflective gear
- HI-Alert mode maximizes your chance to be seen by others
See your whole workspace
- Be safer and more productive in dark environments
- Task mode floods your work area out to your visual periphery
- Eliminates shadows no matter where you move
- Goes where you go, reducing your reliance on stationary light sources
- Dim mode provides a low power solution when working close to others
Built for the Job
- Built tough and designed to last in demanding environments
- International Protection (IP) rating of 67 to keep out dust, dirt, and water
- Patented design attaches securely to most hard hats sold today
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of power
- Breakaway, quick-release battery cord for safety
- Lightweight for extended use
The Halo Light offers four lighting modes:
- HALO: Full brightness in 360 degrees to help you see and be seen in all directions (Example Use: moving around and performing a number of jobs around a jobsite)
- HI-ALERT: Provides a unique visual identifier by flashing the light in a 360-degree spin to maximize your chance to be seen by others (Example Use: flagging or operating around cranes, moving vehicles, and machinery)
- TASK: Maximum brightness on the front third to illuminate your immediate work area out to the visual periphery (Example Use: working on a specific task in a darkened area)
- DIM: A low-power, 360-degree light when working in close proximity to others (Example Use: having a face-to-face conversation with another person)
COMPATIBLE HARD HATS
See the list of hard hat makes and models that Illumagear has confirmed works with The Halo Light. Items are continually being added to this list. If the hard hat you use is not listed, it will still likely work if it is similar in shape and size to one of these listed. If you have a special “Large,” it will probably not fit. If ever in doubt, contact Illumagear at and confirm.
DEDICATED TO SAFETY
Illumagear’s mission is to illuminate people working in high-risk environments, making them safer and more prepared. Illumagear has been on worksites and knows how dangerous they are. Every year hundreds of workers die and thousands more are injured on construction sites and other dangerous work environments.
Companies have a great deal invested in those workers—and so do the families of those workers. Illumagear believes safety protects that investment and strives every day to build the best safety solutions to help people work safe, so they get home safe.
Illumagear is focused on promoting real improvement in worker safety and building products that support that cause. Illumagear builds personal products that offer complete safety solutions—products that increase productivity, reduce on-site accidents, and set new, higher standards for worker safety. In short, Illumagear exists to save lives. ■
For More Information: For more information about the Halo Light by Illumagear, visit www.illumagear.com.
Modern Contractor Solutions – December 2015
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern Contractor Solutions magazine.