Advertise With Us
When you advertise with Modern Contractor Solutions, you will enjoy the benefits of targeted advertising directed to a focused readership. Consider the following:
Q: Is your advertising message being seen as often as you think?
A: Not likely. When we interviewed contractors across the country to find out how many magazines they received each month, what they did with them, what they liked and disliked, and what they needed in a magazine, their answers were alarming.
- Contractors get an average of 30 magazines each month. Of those 30 magazines, few are looked at or even read.
- Contractors indicated the magazine articles were too long and contained too much filler, and did not contain the information needed to run their businesses on a day-to-day basis.
- Most magazines received were “vertical” in their coverage, and contractors needed to read 15 to 20 magazines to find all of the information they needed. Contractors just didn′t have the time.
From this advice, we designed Modern Contractor Solutions, and contractors have given us an overwhelming stamp of approval.
- We provide a single magazine with short, concise articles containing just the facts.
- Topics that directly affect a contractor′s business and provide insight into better day-to-day operations are covered.
- We have requests from subscribers to the magazine for up to 15 extra copies each month to hand out to entire management staffs.
Contractors actually helped us design Modern Contractor Solutions. They told us what they wanted, and we delivered it. And because they read our magazine, your advertising message will be seen.
Q: Are you paying for a circulation of 80,000, but only being seen by 20,000?
A: Circulation and readership are two different things. A publisher can print as many magazines as it wants, and mail those to as many companies as it wishes; that is the circulation. A magazine will likely quote advertising rates based on “circulation numbers,” but is that fair?
Readership is what will help you achieve your desired goal, which is to have your message seen and considered. We have already discovered that contractors look at very few of the magazines that hit their desks each month, so if you are advertising in a magazine that boasts a large circulation, take a step back and look at what you are paying and what you are getting in return. It is likely that the readership of the magazine is a fraction of the circulation.
Modern Contractor Solutions has a circulation of 40,000 and a readership that is pretty darn close to that. Why? Because we have filled a need for contractors. Providing information that can help them run their businesses better today is extremely important, and is the reason our magazine continues to be one of the few information sources contractors have come to rely on.
Call today for more information on how to maximize your advertising dollars.
Russell Haddock, Publisher
866.251.1777, ext. 115