Ligchine International in 7 short years evolved to become the world’s number 1 choice for boom-operated screed machines. ScreedSaver machines are now operating on every continent of the world. Innovative design when combined with world-class customer service and dedication has made Ligchine one of the fastest growing companies in the concrete equipment market.
In 2006, Peter Ligman, the owner of a concrete contracting company in Wisconsin, found himself in a position in which he had to increase the concrete placement production and quality within his own organization. After researching and testing the concrete screeds available on the market, he found that drive in machines lacked the accuracy and durability to meet customer demands. However, boom- operated machines were virtually unaffordable for the small and medium-size contractor. Peter envisioned a concrete screeding machine that was accurate, durable, versatile, and affordable.
In 2007, the first ScreedSaver prototype came to life. Business partners Peter Ligman and company president Gary Ligman created Ligchine International, seeking to make it the world’s leading producer of laser-guided, boom-operated, concrete screeding machines.
Ligchine International’s headquarters is in Floyds Knobs, Indiana, and designs/manufactures all ScreedSaver models in Darien, Wisconsin. As word has spread about the ScreedSaver machines, Ligchine sales have grown at an astronomical rate of 1000 percent (10X) in just the past 3 years. The results? A rapid employment expansion, as well as ground breaking for a new state-of-the-art assembly factory, which will open in spring 2015.
MACHINE INNOVATION AND VALUE
Ligchine International takes pride in offering three wireless remote controlled, boom-operated, laser, and/or GPS-guided concrete screeding machines that are 100 percent manufactured in the USA.
The ScreedSaver II is a compact, powerful, zero-turn capable, laser-guided screed that produces up to 125 square feet per screed pass.
The ScreedSaver XT is the world’s only track-driven, laser-guided screed, allowing it to navigate over virtually any terrain. It features parallel to the pour driving with its pivoting frame and is zero-turn capable. ScreedSaver XT can produce up to 155 square feet per screed pass.
The ScreedSaver MAX is the largest of the ScreedSaver models that features front wheel drive, rear wheel steering, and parallel to the pour driving. The ScreedSaver MAX can produce up to 200 square feet per screed pass.
All ScreedSaver models incorporate materials from the world’s most respected companies including: Engines by Honda and Kubota; Electronics by Excel; Hydraulic components by Parker and Poclain; Wireless machine control by Magnetek; and the frames are 100-percent welded tubular ¼-inch steel— fabricated in southern Wisconsin.
In 2014, Ligchine International partnered with TopCon Corporation to integrate their Millimeter GPS 3D satellite control system into the ScreedSaver machines. The results have been a huge success in the marketplace. Add the 3D system to the machine and achieve contoured concrete screeding and paving, which further enhances an already versatile and capable machine.
ScreedSaver machines achieve value via innovative design features that include numerous advantages over any other machines available in the marketplace:
- Wireless controls: Wireless controls allow the user to operate and navigate the machine safely from the ground, as well as assisting the crew more efficiently in concrete when compared to ride-on screeding machines.
- Zero-turn capabilities: Zero-turn drive train capabilities result in efficient machine movements, especially when space is limited.
- Customizable options: Ligchine offers numerous customizable machine options to better suit your business’ needs and to increase productivity.
- World’s first track-driven screed: All-terrain tracks are standard equipment on the ScreedSaver XT, and optional on the ScreedSaver MAX. The tracks allow the machine to navigate and screed on virtually any kind of subgrade with ease.
- Screed heads: Ligchine offers several screed head options that achieve the industry’s highest FF and FL numbers for super flat floors. All screed heads come with easy adjustments, powder-coated components, and a hardened steel auger that minimizes adjustments (when compared to other screed heads on the market that incorporate mild steel augers). Ligchine also offers screed heads with roller options for paving and pervious concrete.
- Lightweight design: With the largest machine weighing just over 2 tons, a light-duty pickup truck and trailer can haul any ScreedSaver machine. Equally important, ScreedSavers are perfect for operating on poly, rebar, wire mesh, heat tubing, and Styrofoam.
- Affordability: Ligchine International recognizes the price sensitivity of the construction market. ScreedSaver machines compare to competitors boom-operated screeds in terms of production capability but are a third of the price, making our machines the best “Return on Investment” model in the industry.
Ligchine International has a network of well-trained dealers worldwide to deliver the highest level of machine training and service. Master distributors and agents are located in North America, South America, Russia, Australia, China, Southeast Asia, Turkey, Europe, and India.
Ligchine International’s customer service is second to none. While Ligchine builds the ScreedSaver machines to last and require minimal seasonal maintenance, one of the biggest benefits with owning a ScreedSaver is the dedication that Ligchine International offers to customers. Technicians available 24/7 can address immediate machine needs and/or questions with a simple phone or video call. ■
For More Information
Contact Ligchine International for current pricing, availability, or general inquiries at 812.903.4500, or visit www.ligchine.com.
Modern Contractor Solutions, December 2014
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern Contractor Solutions Magazine!